The Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust through the Trust Board and its Policy and Scrutiny Committees and the Executive Committee (Principals’ Committee) establishes many trust-wide policies relating to safeguarding, student welfare, teaching and learning, personnel and finance and can be found below, whilst others are specific to academies and therefore are reviewed and revised by the Academy Councils and can be found on the academies’ websites.
We are constantly reviewing our policies in line with recent guidance from the Department for Education. As policies are updated they will be published below.
If you require a paper version of a specific policy or any other policy or procedure that is not listed here, please contact us by using the ‘Contact’ menu link at the top right of this website.
Government Guidance on Safeguarding
The Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Our policies and procedures are based on the most recent government guidance and best practice.
Safeguarding and safer recruitment are key elements of our practice and as such all adults working at the Academy, either directly or through outsourced contract, receive the following support;
- Recruitment via a process involving a safer recruitment senior leader
- An enhanced DBS check before beginning work at the Academy
- Safeguarding training at the point of employment
- Update training on safeguarding and the PREVENT duty at the start of every academic year
- regular updates on specific issues relating to safeguarding, e.g. Mental Health support, On-line safety, CSE
The following are documents that inform our practice are available below.